Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My Dad and My Garden

everyone knows that i love my dad. :) i know i've blogged about him before, but i just have to go on about him again...hehe! i've been working on a 'secret' garden...i.e. a fenced in flower garden. my dad has been a major part of making that happen. haling back to the nature center days, we both love to do things that develop the great outdoors. the other thing about my dad, though, is that i think he likes to surprise me. and, oh my gosh!, he does!! unfortunately for him, it can take me a while to notice his surprise. as such, he has had to become a patient man. haha! a few nights ago, i came home to find my garden glowing!! i ran out there to find that he had put in solar lighting while i was at work! wow! with that light i could also see that he brought an angel statue, a pot of geraniums and this mosquito-killing powder to sprinkle on the dirt!!! he's so sweet! well, yesterday, i came home to find pots and pots of stella de oro day lillies arranged for me to plant on the outside of the fence! goodness, this garden is going to be amazing!!

i love my dad! :)

No comments: