Friday, June 11, 2010

Tres Leches Cake

I went to Cafe Latte yesterday with a college friend. I used to go to this great little piece of heaven when I was in college, so it was fun to return. One thing that hasn't changed...the desserts are still incredible. In fact, if you are ever in the Twin Cities, it's absolutely worth it to go. Yesterday, I tried my first Tres Leches cake...that would be cake that's been soaked in cream. The one on the website is covered in whipped cream, but the one I tried had a thick fudge icing garnished with raspberries. OH...MY...GOSH! It was a spiritual experience... :)

Cafe Latte

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We've been there for just a few special occasions from time to time. Definitely worth it!! ...but...um...I, personally, make the best Tres Leches in town, with strawberries and fresh whipped cream. ;)

Sarah said...

I don't know...a statment like that demands evidence. So...when am I coming? ;)