Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My Jody

I'm "spotlighting" my friend Jody today. :) She started out as a co-worker some years ago but quickly became one of my best friends.

It's kind of funny to think about sometimes because we are on opposite ends of the spectrum circumstantially. She's a wife and mom of a million children (ok, 6...but still a huge number!!) and I'm a single gal. I guess that seems odd to me sometimes because I know so many married women (and single too) that lose their ability to have friendships outside of their "norm". You know what I mean? But, that's not Jody. :) With her, people are just people...not their jobs, not their spouses, not their means...and she celebrates and pursues them as unique individuals. It's a miracle for me when I think about it. If you know me well, you know I can be a bit guarded. Jody just bulldozes through all that, and I find that I trust her because of it. I think she's actually responsible for me being able to be less and less guarded with others too. Wow!

Well, she is the light of my life. We laugh...constantly. I can be completely real with her and fully expect that back. The other day we were talking about something (shooting straight and laughing hysterically) and she said, "We're so real, we're rude!!". Hahahahaha! So true!...and I love it!

Love ya, Lady!

Oh!!...Here's a song for her! She's madly in love with Journey, and I think she actually has a crush on Steve Perry. (I personally think the outfit is...terrifying!) We've done an "air-band" to this before...yikes!

1 comment:

Jody said...

Oh..how I love you!! You are awesome, I love the friend I have in you!! I have been so, so blessed by you, too many times to think about! xoxoxoxox Jody