Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Legalists

I get a little worried when I meet parents that are so determined that their kids NEVER experience anything that could challenge their faith...at least "faith" in their eyes. Misbehavior clearly equates with a lack of faith for them. They are the legalists. Example: They need their kids to never see anyone who is out of dress code...because that could rock the boat and send their child into a life of "sin". Oh man...there's a part of me that wants to screw with that BIG TIME...but then I also have to be professional, take on their kids, and do the best we can to educate them. The run-in's I anticipate??...good grief...should be super fun. Barf!

Usually, these are parents that feel they have a "past"...and I do have great respect for their journey home. But, I wish they could see that, in a full pendulum-swing reaction, they seek to remove any challenge...making the lesser things the reason for their rebellion. I'm a "root" person...I like to think my sin is because of something deeper than "the cheesecake made me do it".

Should be interesting...

No comments: