Monday, August 9, 2010

My Grandma

Well, my Grandma has been having some health issues lately. :( She does from time to time...and she's 93-years-old so it's bound to be a bit more regular. Regardless, I absolutely hate it. What put me over the edge, though, was a prayer she prayed the other night. We were eating our little sandwiches and dilly bars (Shh!) and she prayed for the meal. She turned it into a prayer of blessing for me though...knife in heart...she asked that God would take care of me and give me the desires of my heart. Inside I was thinking, "Holy crap, she's saying "Goodbye" in her heart!"...

Those who know me well know that loss is NOT something I "do" very well...if that's even possible. Losing my other grandparents, my mom's cancer challenge, break-ups, friendship explosions...about send me 'round the bend. Seeing the suffering...experiencing those 'goodbye' moments...it's the down-side of the human experience. I guess there's a positive though...knowing loss means knowing love. And, at this point in my life, I'd rather live loved and loving than in the safe and solitary bubble of "no pain".

Pray for my Gram if you think of it. We want her a little longer. :)

No comments: