Saturday, August 28, 2010

Teacher Woes

August is one of my most frustrating months in terms of my job. Note that we don't actually have kiddos until September. You know what makes it so hectic? Apart from finding out all of the last minute changes to my job description and the infamous communication struggle...it's the teachers. I think, because of their own stress and anxiety in anticipation of and preparation for the new school year, they are sooooo difficult to work with. Some get very inflexible...dig in their heels. Others get negative. Others...needy. It's one of my biggest prayer challenges. If you know me well, you know that I would struggle with not biting heads off...hehe. But, I have to say...God actually does work things out behind the scenes if we let Him. I had one situation this week that was going to build to an icky confrontation, but God just rested that heart right down and the gears clicked there.

One down...pheww! (Hopefully not too many more to go...) ;)

And honestly...all of the drama reminds me that I do work with some teachers that are absolute gems...who are so flexible, who roll with the punches, who offer great ideas...silver lining!!

No comments: