Thursday, April 7, 2011

Pushing Buttons on the Father-Relationship

So...it's pretty much old news that my faith has changed dramatically over the past few years. I've moved from such a "heady" perspective of God to a markedly relational one. Every day I'm closer to God as my good Father...experiencing Him in real and deep ways. My life will never be the same. :)

So...now my obsession is how to step into more and more and more...

And you know what I realized???

It has to do with the Holy Spirit...living a life of continued filling.

Now, don't get me wrong. When I say "filling", I'm not talking about all of the typical "associates" of a baptism in the Holy Spirit (i.e. speaking in tongues). I don't have a critique of those in the least, but it's not what I'm remotely focused on. Instead I'm talking about inviting more and more of the Spirit's presence into our lives. Making room. With that comes a greater connection to the Trinity...greater interaction with the heart of the Father. I'm thinking Jesus' life reveals it...and I'm going to go see about that... ;)

No comments: