Friday, April 8, 2011

What I Find So Odd...

Yep, one more about the Rob Bell "controversy". *sigh* Hopefully my last... :)

Please tell me who knows the exact "in's and out's" of what happens to a person spiritually as they die. I get the impression that some people have the instant a soul goes to heaven/hell nailed down...based on what, I cannot say. Does anyone know at what exact moment a person's spirit exits the body and meets the divine? What about the possible interaction with the Father in that passing or in a state of unconsciousness? How about the fact that God can operate outside of time? In passing is a second a true second or is it like the verse that says "a day is like a thousand years" to God? What happens in the moment a person goes to God? Does He reveal His love one more time or send them on their immediate way with no further pursuit? Is there anyone who can say for sure??

What I find so odd are Christians who staunchly assert that they know...for sure...the exact details of how that all works...and they permit themselves to judge accordingly. They do this to the degree that they actually...and unknowingly (I'm hoping)...present a perspective of God that is utterly heartless.

I have to say...I'm so convinced of two things. Yes, only two. ;) First, I am so confident in God's love and His pursuit of the human heart, as expressed through Jesus, that nothing would surprise me in His interaction with a person in death and beyond. Second, I am so confident that His love ultimately permits freedom to choose. Thus, He'd never force anyone beyond what they desire. How those views rob God of His holiness and sovereignty is beyond me.

Bizarre...

Never put God in a box. He frowns on such things... He's wild, remember? Wild and good. ;)

No comments: