Monday, August 15, 2011

High Maintenance People

I have several "high maintenance" people in my life. A man referred to it once as "people with a paper plate",,,meaning that they have a lot on their plate, but the plate is flimsy. I found that description to be a little rude, but I guess it's an adequate representation on occasion. Basically, the simplest things can "rock the boat". Easily overwhelmed. They almost have to be talked through everything because they can't wrap their brain around something they've missed or misunderstood. They often unknowingly think their world is THE world. Their struggles are far more important than anyone else's...and they expect you to solve that RIGHT NOW regardless of who else is impacted.
 
Ohhhh man...is it bad to lay things on the table with these people? I'm sure they've had tough stuff that has formed them into being this way, but seriously...you'd think they could learn a better way...right? I think they'd be taken more seriously, viewed less burdensome, positioned to be more effective contributors...

Hmm...what to do...

No comments: