Monday, August 15, 2011

V-Ball Team Blues

Let's put it this way. Now I know why my bro-in-law didn't want to be in charge of our team again this year. HAHA! Of course, "charge" is a loose term, but with it comes a bit of responsibility and anxiety.

On this team everyone feels a sense of "I can come when I want". Of course that works sometimes...unfortunately, it means that I rarely get that opportunity. Some of it, I understand. A few have jobs that go until later than game times. Others, though, seem to only be planning to come for one of our two games, and irritatingly, if there are subs available for the game they choose to attend, they complain that our team is too big! Sheesh! Try to play when people decide they can't show!! Yep, smaller team???...*rolls eyes* I actually heard tonight that some didn't have to stay because they have kids. Hello??...I have to take care of my house, other human responsibilities, other commitments...alone! I have a over-time job and have to get up at the butt-crack of dawn!!! But I digress... Normally, I'd just roll with all the reasons and excuses, but when it comes to the end of a season and you look back at the things that worked, didn't work, and the things just plain irritated the living crappola out of you, maybe it's time to hand the "charge" over too...

That or make some changes. Especially because I actually love the game so, so, so much...and the friends I've made along the way...

So...I'm trying to think of what to do for next year because I'm unfathomably frustrated. Most of the other teams have fewer members, but all are consistent. It's only once in a while that a team is playing with fewer. We have about 4 consistent players. Maybe just build one around that? Find a couple more to be consistent and then call subs when we know we'll be lacking?

I don't know. Grr! Deeeeep breaths...breathe in, breathe out... ;)

No comments: