Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My Feminist Nightmare

I cringe. Yep, I do. I'm pretty sure that the original Feminists had nothing like the current Pop music presentation of feminine "freedom" in mind when they began the battle for the rights of women. The equal valuing of women. Ugh. I suppose it is true that in this country we have the "right" to be as promiscuous and experimental as we want. I just take issue with that being the image presented to our young women as "truly free"..."liberated". It's NOT to me AT ALL. That's not what strength looks like. That's not what dignity looks like. The mysterious soul of a woman is...better...than...that. And that woman???...She's hot.

So...here's to being more than  "a one night stand", "friends with benefits", "an easy lay"... Here's to expecting a man to be a Man...and a woman to be a Woman. Here's to calling out the awesomeness of true femininity and masculinity...the pursuit, the romance, the crazy-great sex that comes with intimate relationship...when souls collide...

Enough of my Feminist Nightmare...





No comments: