Sunday, July 15, 2012

Standards, You Say?

Wow, oh Wow!! At church, we've been discussing the Trinity and their beautiful culture of honor. It's been just changing my world!! Such a beautiful relationship that the Trinity share...and such a marvelous grace that They invite us into it. It's the "With-God" life we were meant for...the kind that ushers in a whole gospel that releases us into true life...the kind that blesses, stewards, invests...Totally amazing stuff!

So lately, I've been thinking about how the Trinity (relational at the core)...and their honor (assumed, innate value) for each other, us, etc...impact a life of "standards".

God is certainly not a legalist. Rules, rules, rules...for the sake of rules...really??...NO! Yet, in stepping more deeply into the Trinity's honor, I can't help but feel an imperative towards the honorable life. Honor God, honor self, honor others, honor the environment, honor the marketplace...

And, in fact, it's putting a different spin on the presence of sin for me. My propensities to sin don't simply reveal my fallenness. They show the areas that my identity isn't anchored in beautiful divine relationship and the subsequent release of life and strength.

And here's my latest realization...the more I'm stepping into the real life that exists FOR TODAY with the divine, my personal ethics are changing from "because I said so" to "because WE are so!"..."WE" being the love-driven Trinity but also suggesting our designed position with the WE too.

It isn't simply that lying is bad...it's that humanity is worth truth!! And on and on and on... And you and I GET to be agents of that honor...anchored in divine love...releasers of blessing, inspiration, truth, value...standards.

Oh man...I'm going to nestle into that for a while. I think there's something more there. Excited to find out!

No comments: