Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Oh, the stories

I love stories! Lately, I've been thinking about the stories I love and why I enjoy them so much.

First of all, stories tend to point to the bigger, eternal story that we are living within. You know...all was wonderful, the villain came, evil ruled the land, the hero came and sacrificed himself, the battle for good was renewed, hope was restored... It's the truest story written on the human heart, and we can't help but subconsciously retell it...over and over and over again. :)

The other things that our favorite tales reveal are some beautiful portraits of ourselves...our story within The Story. I was realizing this about my Dad the other day. His absolute favorite historical story is the one about the Minnesota regiment in the battle of Gettysburg. The crew that sacrificed all to hold the line. Goodness...is that my Dad or what? He's totally a "hold the line" kind of man...believing so much in things that sacrifice is well worth it.

So...try it for yourself...God has some beautiful things to reveal to you about Himself and who you are made to be...and even your mission...all in your favorite tales. :)

No comments: