Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Figuring Out Where I Fit

I feel like I don't fit in. It's probably due to the fact that I'm always trying to get "sides" to see common ground, and "sides" don't usually like that. Yep, it plants me in No Man's Land all the time.

Evangelical, Emergent, Modern, Post-Modern...seeing great strengths and major flaws.

"Evangelical" can mean a whole heck of a lot more than "believe Jesus is your Savior and be saved"...politics, structures, formulas for how to address every "problem" including people...and I don't like it.

"Emergent" can mean a ton of "believe whatever you want so you can feel good"...without investing in healing and holiness...and I don't like it.

"Modern" can err so much on the side of propositional truth that it neglects divine encounter and revelation. Info without meaning. Behavior without cause. Doing without being.

"Post-Modern" can err so much on the side of relationship that it waters down truth. Love without honor. Relativity limiting maturity.

I...well...I just want Jesus.

I want to know Him more. I want to live out the kingdom life like He did. I want to be consumed with interaction with the Trinity to the degree that my identity is restored as an Abba's child and my destiny is unleashed everywhere.

Is that too much to ask? ;)

It might be true that I don't...and won't...fit in anywhere. So learning to live with the tension??? Sigh. Wishing I had more soul friends right now...

1 comment:

Ethio said...

you are not alone, sister