Monday, April 26, 2010

Crazy Robin is Baaaaaack!

Seriously...I think I have a possessed robin in my yard. When I first moved into this house, there was a crazed robin "situation". It would sit on the edge of my deck and then attack its own reflection on my living room window. Bizarre!!! After that first year (of waking up at 5am when this daily saga would begin..), I didn't have any issue with the bird. I figured it finally knocked itself in the head one too many times.

Ummm...nope!!!

I'm not sure of the typical lifespan of said bird, but this one is back!!! It's got crazed eyes, and I think it actually is watching my every move inside the house!!! And yes...it is attacking itself in the same window starting at 5am!!!

So, here's my weird thought based on the demonic bird...I think we do the same thing with people. (Come on...everyone knows I'm weird with the thoughts on stuff...). Seriously!!...I think we sometimes attack our own reflections in others. All the while we think we are disliking or disagreeing with something in him or her when really we are going after an issue that belongs to us. We really miss it because we don't see that one of the gifts of relationship is that we bring out the worst in each other...so it can be dealt with...so the best can shine. I just think we need to check to see if it's actually a mirror that they are unknowingly holding up in front of us whenever an issue arises. At minimum it's worth the question...

I plan to let the crazy robin know this as soon as possible...frankly, because it is scaring itself "sh##-less" (if you know what I'm saying) all over my deck and the front window...issues, issues, issues. ;)

3 comments:

David Morlock said...

Don't forget...I've got a new pellet gun

Jody said...

Hey, My boys have BB guns..both of them..what do you say I send them home with you tomorrow after school? They can stay until Thursday or Friday. By the way...that is freaky..the bird that is.

stephierae72 said...

You have to read my blog tonight...yes I am giving this blogging thing a try at whodoithinkiam@blogspot.com. Totally speaks to what you are saying.