Thursday, April 22, 2010

Pride!!

uff da! it's been a bad week for the pride!! yes, i wrestle with that bad boy on occasion (which i'm sure isn't a shocker to many...hehe). i don't always notice it when it rears its ugly head, but for some reason i've been VERY aware of it this week. the good news is that i've actually been so bothered by it. i met with a friend last night and decided to just lay it out on the table...and in a loving way got a 2x4 to the head. usually i maintain an inner pride parade (perhaps more visible than i sometimes realize), but something happened this week where i actually stepped through my propriety-oriented "checks and balances" and let the pride display itself LOUDLY. unbelievably, it still took another 2 days for me to actually feel bad about it. when i did connect with what was really going on, i...felt...awful...ok, with a hint of justification lingering. ;) of course, now i have to actually make it right (sucks!). you know what is so good though?...god, as my loving dad, actually lets me experience some whacks from time to time and, just like isaiah, have the "coal touch my lips" to purify me.

No comments: