Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Political Day

So tomorrow is my "big day" of Republican-ism. HAHA! It's also the last day that I have to do delegate business...which I'm excited for as my mailbox and voicemail box are being pounded with information and pitches. The chocolates, however, were not an inconvenience...those can keep coming. ;)

All of this has prompted much thought...and much frustration. A friend said that he defined liberalism as an attempt to "enforce through law what should come out of the heart". I would add that conservatism sometimes resembles the complete opposite...to enforce through laws that nothing has to come out of the heart. More than anything it has convinced me that I want to be a part of a group of people that actually want to bring solutions. Not bigger government...bigger hearts. Those people who are deep and real with love in a powerfully practical way. I'm frustrated to say that I question whether the political realm is the place for that anymore. It seems to be more about power...on all sides. Regardless, I'm thinking that politics isn't the space for me to get much work done. I believe it is in the realm of "hearts alive" that the answers lie...and that's where I'm headed.

I'm definitely voting more conservatively in the upcoming election so there can be more "checks and balances". Having a little more balance keeps everyone more honest.

I have to say, though, that I admire the people who keep on fighting in the weird world of the Dems and Reps. There are some respectable individuals involved there...and I think they bring a great deal of hope for that arena. I wish them well! :)  

No comments: