Monday, December 20, 2010

Blog #1,000!!!

Oh my goodness! When I started blogging in 2007, I never imagined I'd actually have a total of 1,000 blogs under my belt some day! Being a typical "starter" and not a "finisher", I was pretty sure I'd throw in the towel after...2. Haha! But here I am...1,000 blogs later!!

Here's what I said in my very first one!
--
Well, I should start by saying that I have led a very messy life...at least more recently. And this messy method of living is such a relief! I read once that it's better to live in the mess of an original life than in the perfect photocopy of someone else's. So after years of living as the "perfect" non-existent Christian girl (plllllleeeease!), I decided to admit some sad but true things about myself. And a very unique thing happened...I started to live...really live...and find a very real and living God.

I've wrestled with so many things...But as I've begun to live in the great dance of divine love, Jesus has begun to whisper my identity in my heart's ear. I am not those things from the past... No, I'm a delight...living out the gifts of wonder, compassion and wild hope...a warrior princess...a mystic princess.

The great adventure begins...
---
And what would I say 3 years later??

It's all still true!! In so many ways, I've never looked back! In the moments I have, I sure haven't lingered for very long. Oh ya...I still have things I have to work on. Imperfection is a definite reality. You know what though?...I have far more dreams than I ever had when my eyes were fixed on all the ways I could never measure up. Life in the wide open spaces of grace...

So...cheers to blog-journalling! Another 1,000? Ha!...who knows!!! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on your 1000th post!! I never thought I'd keep blogging, either, but here we both are!! I'm looking forward to hearing even more from you in the coming year. :)

Tesha said...

Yeah for Sarah! It's enjoyable to read your posts. I hope you do keep going another 1,000.