Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Affliction...

i feel like i get caught between polar opposites that exist in my nature. do you ever find that you have a couple of character traits that conflict with each other?...creates a really odd internal battle sometimes.

well, i have one of those going on right now. the restorative side of me...that is the part of me that believes (sometimes irrationally) in the potential of people and situations no matter how dire. and the loyal realist side of me...that is the part of me that tries to shake out what's really going on and will quickly recall the past (sometimes negatively so) in the assessment of people and situations.

makes for a messy moment. a tug-of-war between optimism and pessimism.

both, ironically, really help me in moments that require strategy...and usually the right one wins in those moments. well...ideally...hehe.

but what to do when it isn't so clear...to go with 'restore' or to go with 'reality'???

obviously, it seems prudent to nestle the situation in god's hands...counting on his redemptive vision and his reality. but releasing my control so his story can play out?? man, oh man, that can be a tough one sometimes...

No comments: