Sunday, January 11, 2009

Heart "Pop"...

i had the most wonderful experience the other day...

made me bawl in my hallway...

i got home from work on tuesday, pulled into my garage...and heard this "bam, bam, bam" sound above me. quickly moving through the "stalker lives elsewhere" or "burglar with a noise problem" alternatives, i realized that someone was on my treadmill in my little office upstairs.

so i went up the stairs and saw a pair of shoes, a school bag, and a letter jacket. it was my niece, sarah, getting more in shape for basketball.

can i just tell you that i was filled with the most amazing delight and joy to see her? i was so excited to peak in and check on her.

and something just popped open in my heart...like a film around it burst...my heart grew! and i bawled...

i know it sounds odd...you may just have to go with me on this one. but for a gal that is in utter control of her sanctuary...and what delights happen when in this place...a "surprise" which could have so potentially been a "bother", god grew into "joy"....sheer, god-sourced delight in who this darling niece is!...and i was excited to share whatever with her.

he's so sweet like that!

funny thing was that i was telling my mom about it the other day...and she told me that she had been praying that god would give me that gift sometime!

again...he's so sweet like that! i sooooooo love him!

No comments: