Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Sucky Day!...or Adventure!

i've had a horrible cold lately...one that's knocked me on my butt. i had to take yesterday off work because i was so miserable. that, of course, bothered me immensely...i had a ton to do and could only sit at home with a snot-exploding head, checking facebook for sanity.

i went to bed last night praying that i would be better in the morning...and i was a bit better. still not 100% though. so, i doctored myself with more meds, and i took a little more time getting ready (my first class wasn't until 11am).

and then i was off...

HAHAHAHA! sorry, i have to laugh about it now...in the moment it wasn't all too funny...

apparently, moisture has been building up on some "idle control" mechanism in my engine...moisture that also freezes in sub-zero temps. well, it decided to freeze on my way this morning JUST AS I WAS ACCELERATING!

you know what that means???

my car kept on and kept on accelerating...and braking wasn't much of a dent in it's gumption.

i was FREAKING OUT!!!!

so, i was not only sick and drugged to high heaven...but driving a torpedo on self-destruct mode.

i had to whip off hwy 95 onto this road by a little lutheran church...took that corner at mach 4 million! grabbed the emergency brake and saw my engine do rpm's that i didn't think possible.

and then i shut her down...

and then i called my dad.

i had my meltdown in the time it took for him to arrive, and considering all the history he and i have with my blunders and strange happenings, he knew i had "leaked" my tear ducts dry when he got there. so he gave me very simple and clear step-by-step instructions..hahaha!

and somehow we got ourselves to the service dept. dad then gave me the cue to get in his rig....he was taking me to work! yep! no slacking despite looking like death-warmed-over and being thrown into a james bond thriller!!! and by the time we got there, he'd told me some crazy driving stories from his experiences, almost wheelee'd us in the school skating rink known as a parking lot...and parked his car on the sidewalk for doorside service.

at this point i would like to say that this is all an exaggeration...but sadly...it's NOT! hahaha!

so, i'm so thankful for god and my dad! even though it sucked to be hit when already down...:( it reminded me that we never are too alone and that god's idea of an adventure is sometimes a bit different than mine. :)

1 comment:

Jody said...

so glad you are o.k. friend!
Love ya!!