Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Enchanted...



this is one of my favorite movies. you know why it gets me so much???...two people living in stories that aren't meant for them.

this scene just made me cry and cry in the theater because it's so frustrating!...they are "so close" to stepping into the life that allows them each to really be themselves...it seems just out of reach.

she could step out of the fairy tale and into a story that lets her just be the real her...

he could step out of all the controlled ways of living into a freedom he's long forgotten...

thankfully, they each choose to step into the stories that they were fitted for...and i didn't have to throw my popcorn at the screen. :)

but it does remind me...from time to time...to ask myself if i'm living god's authentic story for my life...messily but uniquely his and mine...or if i'm living a story that's less than what i'm meant for...perfectly fake. good to think about sometimes...

No comments: