Friday, July 10, 2009

Camping!

well, i actually had a ton of fun this week! who would have thunk that???

i decided to make the best of the things that i usually struggle with and ended up enjoying myself and my family more than i have in a long time. sometimes it's about letting myself be real and being cool with that, and other times it's about being a bit more patient and a little less selfish. i let myself do all of the above. not perfectly, i'm sure...but something helped. :)

here are some pics from the experience. :)

tons of hiking with debbie and a variety of others depending on who wanted to come. this is me "conquering" a rocky hill. ohhhh ya, i'm sure i was pretty intimidating. :)

my lovely hiking partners!!...AND, a piece of heaven for me. i LOVE forests that are FULL of ferns. it totally meets some of my "tactile" needs. walking and feeling the fern fronds...pure heaven. :)

dave and bonnie came too, so we tried out some geocaching! here's dave using his gps to find one.

the kids going through the cache. cool stuff!

mommy and i at another cache. one of the girls that came along discovered it on accident!! she lifted up a rock at a look-out and there it was. very cool!

had a great ride back with my nephew too! what a fab guy! :)

No comments: