Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Hankering for my Summer Cone

remembering, of course, that i remember most of my life based on what i was eating at the time...sorry, it's true.

deb, joy, grandma and i went to the grand canyon several years ago. we all needed a 'get away' and thought that a flight to vegas and a mini road trip was the way to get that 'gone' feeling. well, one day, after tromping all over the canyon sites, we were hot, sweaty, and exhausted. we naturally decided to find an ice cream cone to go along with our perfect summer day.

my choice??...a cone with a scoop of chocolate chip mint and a scoop of strawberry.

ta-da!!!...the birth of my 'taste of summer'.

i've been wanting one of those lately, and i'm on the look-out for some real, hard ice cream to satisfy my hankering. (down with soft serve!!!)

No comments: