Sunday, April 21, 2013

Simplicities of Living Outward

I've had this strong impression lately that I need to more actively consider how I can live outwardly...intentionally bring "kingdom" wherever I am. One of the biggest blessings and responsibilities of an Abba's child and an excellent challenge in a culture that so glorifies "self"...the Me-Me-Me way of living. So...it was on my mind when I was running all kinds of errands after church today.

Busy girl...on a mission...noting how easily we forget THE mission. And then it dawned on me...

Simple...and genuine...simplicities of living outward.

Two easy things today. :)

First...a smile. It dawned on me...at Wal-Mart of all places...that a smile from you and me might be the ONLY smile some people see in a day. A smile from the heart. A smile that says you see him or her.

So...get smiling! :)

Second...an encouragement. Give a put-up to a total stranger??...YEP! That's what I'm saying. If you see someone do something or be something that's a gift or a blessing...TELL THEM. You don't even have to say anything about Jesus or God or the H.S...but you can if that's what you are sensing. If it's not, why not have it come from you??? Blessing and calling out the image of God in others.

So...get talking! :)

Unbelievably simple...unfathomably powerful.

My smile for you today??.... :) :) :) And my encouragement??...You are a beautiful, unrepeatable, never-seen-before, NECESSARY miracle. Thanks for being you!

No comments: