Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Dashed Pot Belly Pig Dream

it's not a huge secret that i love pigs. ever since 'babe', i just have a special place in my heart for little pigs. hence, many, many adorable little pink pig toys at my house. i even will frequent the phrase "that'll do pig" to my loved ones...which causes confusion on occasion and potential conflict...but it's such an adorable encouragement. (i know...i'm sounding a little off...hehe.)

well, i started dreaming of owning my very own miniature pot bellied pig...the big ones can be a little terrifying. and when i found out that they make a 'tea cup' breed...yes, a super tiny little pig...i was almost in heaven. my nieces and rachel and i decided on a name even...charlotte chanel (yes, after the perfume).

but alas...research has dashed my hopes for a little pig. i'm still not home enough to care for one. so, my mini-pot belly pig dream is on hold again. maybe forever...BUT, i learned that there's a local lady who sells them so maybe a field trip is in order...then i can just hold a tiny little pig...and then it might poop on me...and the dream would officially die. ;)

2 comments:

ragamuffins said...

The local papers recently had major articles on the retirement of Isanti elementary teacher Jeannine Skifstrom. The sadder goodbye, perhaps, was to her little dog, whom she brought to work/school nearly every day. Today I stumbled on an internet video of a taxi driver whose cat goes with him when he works. It loves to stand on his lap, head out the window, as he drives around. So tell me, why can't you bring "Charlotte Chanel" to CCS everyday?

School board: This would be another opportunity for some positive local press!

Martha

Sarah said...

You are hilarious!

Should I mention that she did come with me to work?...umm..shhhh!

:)