Monday, June 30, 2008

Tattoo Time!

well, after much "hemming and hahing" (how in the world do you spell that?), i'm getting a tattoo. i've wanted one off and on for ages. but because of design concerns...ok, and pain concerns...i've put it off.

but now i have a partner in crime...and i'm going to do it.

so...in a few days, we have our "tattoo consultation". i need that because i have a few design questions. the cool thing is that the tattoo artist is a christian, and i've had a few friends really like the spiritual focus that he adds. i guess that's really important to me...the spiritual emphasis...because my tattoo is very spiritual for me. hah!...i'm wondering what's not...hehe.

what i really want is an opening rose. that is significant to me because of a quote i read by anais nin which said, "then the time came when the risk it took to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." it's been the story of my life...

but i want a bit more than that...i want light to be shining somehow out of the inside of the rose. that has to do with imago dei. there's real life inside me...just beaming to get out...original glory? i think so...!

from there i'm not sure where to go. i used to really want the three hebrew letters of my name to be included somehow, but i've never been happy with the scripting. so we'll see.

this guy will design it for me though, and it sounds like he'll take my "significance" part seriously..and that makes me feel really good.

holy crap, this is gonna hurt!

1 comment:

Jody said...

Oh my gosh!! I can't wait!! We are calling tomorrow!