Thursday, March 19, 2009

As Worship...

i got to hang out with jen last night. she's a great heart-friend of mine. (god has given me some wonderful times with friends lately and has spoken right through them to my crazy life.) so we were talking about our respective challenges and joys, and she said something that has really caused me to pause and reflect.

she said that she would pray that i would really be able to get a heart of worship in midst of the things that i'm facing.

stunned me a little...which caught my attention...and me think that i needed to think about that some more. :)

it's "christian-ese" to say that we have a "heart of worship" or that we are doing things "as unto worship". i wonder if we say it more than we really mean it, however.

i wonder if i say it more than i really mean it...

jen reminded me that brother lawrence ("the practice of the presence of god"...good book) wrote about how monumentally his attitude changed about menial tasks like washing dishes when he did them with a heart of worship...and actually asked for that heart.

it was a big heart "duh" moment for me.

it's my heart to please god...not out of a fear of hell...but out of a desire to delight him (i've felt that before and it was the best experience of my life!!). i've found such freedom in musical worship at church and beyond because i so want to praise him and honor him, but to keep that worship bound to musical notes???...i could make everything in my life as an offering of worship.

i think i shall think on this some more...and perhaps actually do it...or "be" it (better)...when the thinking gets old!

No comments: