Monday, March 16, 2009

"Ummm, ya! Of course it would feel that way..."

i'm amazed sometimes at the ways that god takes care of me. if you've read any of my previous blogs, you know that it's a busy and stressful season for me. some of it is purely circumstantial, and some is tough stuff that i wish i didn't have on my plate.

it's been tricky because i've just felt myself sinking deeper and deeper under the weight of it...

i was so overwhelmed last week that i actually had a knock-down/drag-out with god...haha...more like i was ranting all over tarnation and he sat quietly while i had my tantrum. why it is that i sometimes feel like i can open a can on him is beyond me...even so, he sits and listens...and then i feel bad for being so bratty...and then we get down to business.

right now we are getting down to business...i'm definitely still wrestling with things, but he's moving.

i had a wonderful dream the other morning before i woke up. i could see myself sleeping in my bed. in the dream, i was not having a restful sleep because my mind and heart were busy with struggle...but i was being guarded and kept safe. i turned to look at who was there, and it was a older, burly man. a figure resembling aslan in a man's body...a kind of seasoned warrior with years of experience and wise strength in every crease and wrinkle. he was there...and he was watching.

that followed by conversations with two of my sisters. the first one on a walk that included lovely reminders of nieces and other wonders that helped to broaden the perspective. the second with "feeling validation"...an 'umm, ya! of course it would feel that way...'

i'm in a season with my " we're heading through" god. i'm not particularly enjoying the journey, but his reminders of his watchful care and gifts of loving people are pure gold along the way.

No comments: