Friday, March 13, 2009

Inside Out...

my kids sang this in chapel this week. it was new to me, but the message was so wonderful. so much of 'religion' seeks to change us from the outside in, which works if you are 4 years old or using spiritual disciplines to reveal something deep inside, but the core of god's heart is to touch us in the deepest parts of ourselves, filling us...and overflowing from the inside out. it's his wonderful whirling love in the core of who we are...messy-beautiful overflow onto any and every thing and person in our lives.

my favorite part...as with most songs for me...is when they take it up a notch and things become more desperate. it's just more real-life...and true. for those that don't like waiting, it's somewhere in the middle and on...

"and the cry of my heart..." wow, beautiful.

No comments: