Thursday, March 24, 2011

Devo Day 4: He Sees All...

Reference:

Isaiah 40 – Comfort for God’s People

Thoughts:

I drove my niece home from school the other day. When we pulled in the driveway, I told her that I wouldn’t leave until she was inside the house. She collected all of her things, and as she climbed out she asked, “Auntie, will you watch me ALL the way from the car to the house?”. “Absolutely!!”, I said. Well, the little police officer in her made sure I was telling the truth. As she walked, she literally watched me watching her…all...the…way…to…the…door. It was an absolute miracle that she didn’t fall over while making sure I wasn’t a liar. I had to laugh because it was so cute! Well, she finally made it to the door, smiled and waved me on. I passed the test!!

Sometimes I wish I could do the same thing to God. Haha! I wish I could know for sure that He is watching us stumble through this life. The moments when something amazing happens and you really want your Dad to be watching. The moments when we suffer. Knowing He’s watching gives me confidence to keep going, you see. Knowing He’s watching makes me feel less…alone.

Well, it’s true. He IS watching. He sees all and knows all. But even more than that…He’s present! He is “God with us”. Sometimes we just plain know it. We feel his presence. Sometimes we just need to open the “eyes of our hearts” to see it. Like a sunrise with your name on it. Other times, though, we have an opportunity to walk in trust…

Reflection:

Is there a situation where you need to remember that your good Father sees all and knows all? How would it change things to know that in your heart?

Optional Song: “He Knows My Name” by Paul Baloche

No comments: