Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Eek!

I've been watching a DVD series from the book "The Hole in our Gospel". We are teaching from that for the kiddos' Spiritual Emphasis Week. The point of the material is that our Christianity often has a hole in it...the size of "compassion for others". Anyway, the speaker just offered this re-write of Matthew 25...Yikes...and true??

"I was hungry while you had all you needed.
I was thirsty but you drank bottled water.
I was a stranger and you wanted me deported.
I needed clothes but you needed more clothes.
I was sick and you pointed out the behaviors that led to my sickness.
I was in prison and you said I was getting what I deserved."

- Rich Stearns

1 comment:

Ethio said...

sweet...I'm glad you're doing this. I have the book and book on CD if you need references