Friday, March 4, 2011

The "Mom" in Me

Ohhh no...no worries! I'm talking more about noticing aspects of MY mom in me. ;)

I've been watching my high schoolers play in a basketball tournament this weekend. They are so good!!!! It's been fun to watch. Well, some of my nieces and nephews are on the teams...hence the "issues". #1...I'm a bit of a competitive person. WHAT?? I know...it's shocking. ;) The first team that the boys played was a school that I so totally despised when I played. Ugh...the feelings persist. Soooooooo, I was fully on board with winning. Hehe. #2...I'm a bit of a bulldog when it comes to my family. It becomes a bit...tricky...when they are being unfairly treated. Let's just say I almost had to be restrained. They, of course, are all so wonderful and precious and too old to be squeezed (unless I corner them). *sigh* I love them. :)

As for the "Mom" in me...turns out my own mother can become RABID at events like this. My Uncle has also informed me that my sweet little Grandma is the SAME! Yes, this is an "ah-hah" moment for me. One that also lets me get away with bad behavior...HAHA!

No comments: