Thursday, May 5, 2011

Don't...Give...Up!

My Physics class was talking about rotational inertia and gymnastics today. We were viewing clips of amazing gymnasts and analyzing them for the topic. While we were watching all of the amazing athletes perform AMAZING exercises, I remembered the '96 Olympics with Kerri Strug. Remember her? She's the one that sprained her ankle and fell on her first attempt but completely landed her second on one leg. Clinched the gold! It...was...fantastic!! Very emotional.

You know what it spoke to in me today?...some challenges in my life. Things that I need to keep stepping into...

It was a great reminder to "go big or go home", to never have a Plan B, to bring my whole heart to whatever dream or challenge is ahead, to NEVER GIVE UP! And ya...doing so means we might wash up on some shore all tattered and torn, but it will have been an amazing ride. One full of reward and absent of regret.

So I don't know about you, but I need some direct instructions today. Don't...Give...Up!!

No comments: