Monday, May 16, 2011

The Mystic

I've been exchanging emails with a lady lately. We've been chatting about a host of faith-related topics. What is always interesting to me in these types of conversations is that aside from my love for Jesus I'm mostly an "I Don't Care-ist". I have a few investments, but I mostly have a sense of the enormous mystery that surrounds us and my minute size in the scheme of things.

So...back to this lady.

The other day she called me a "mystic". Haha!...so funny since that's also in my blog title. My first reaction was one of surprise. Isn't everyone a mystic? Well, apparently not! I asked her what she meant because words can mean so many things, and she replied that I'm the kind of Christian who believes that God can actually be experienced in this time and space like He is close instead of distant. Wait...you mean not every Christian believes that? Again, apparently not!!! I guess I'd forgotten that for an instant...

So, yes...I guess I'm a mystic. oooOOOooo! ;) I know that I know that I know that God is real and near and interested in an intimate relationship right now. While I do love to learn about Him, I have also experienced Him powerfully...causing me to know awe and love at the same time. I don't know if I've all-out seen Him yet, but I've definitely heard Him, felt Him and seen His fingerprints. He's wild and gentle, hilarious and holy, a gentleman and a warrior, and on and on and on...(if only words could most adequately sum it up). What I'll say for sure...He's the Love of my life.

I guess that makes me the weirdie...HAHA!

No comments: