Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Playing to Their Level

Ugh. Yep, that's how I feel about last night's game. BIG...HUGE...UGH.

FYI...I'm still fascinated by the things that suddenly open my eyes to learn about life or more of myself. We can go through much of our day and not notice what we should...and learning as a result.

Back to Ugh...

We played TERRIBLY in our last game last night. A game against a DRUNK team. (Yes, someday I'll be laughing about this experience, but not right now...hehe.) Ironically, our earlier game was against the best team, and we played really well. Of course, this makes our loss against a poorly-skilled AND intoxicated team...umm...HUMILIATING.

Abby made an interesting comment at the end of the night. She said that we play to the level of the opposition, playing well against a skilled team and basically sucking it up against newbies. She's totally right, and I'm SOOO frustrated.

And so my object lesson...

I wonder how much we tend to "blend" in other areas of life. When you have an opportunity to shine, to display your glory, do you? Do you tame it down to fit in or not be too overwhelming? How much do you "match" when you shouldn't?

I guess all the frustration has me thinking...

No comments: