Saturday, May 21, 2011

Why I Walk...

I saw this statistic once, and it changed my life.

70% of abortion decisions are made on the basis of fear. Fear of a lack of support or resources.

That means that the point of argument isn't really about particular rights...not for the woman in the moment. It's about loving your neighbor. It's about the number of us who are actually willing to be the support or resources. At least it is for 70% of women in this situation.

So, why am I doing the Walk for Life today?

Organizations like the Pregnancy Resource Center and Feminists for Life put their money where their mission is. Without any pressure they help women make informed decisions instead of fearful ones. They offer support and resources to frightened mothers (and fathers).

I guess I like the idea of making laws unnecessary...all because of a broadened definition of love... :)

No comments: