Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Encouragement Oddity

I discovered another bizarre quirk of mine during the volleyball games last night. I despise off-court encouragement. It ticks me off actually. Isn't that ODD?? I'll take it from people currently in the game, but those who are subbed out???...SHUT IT! Hahahahaha!! You know what the chatter says to me? (It's so bizarre!) I hear it as "You aren't trying hard enough!" or "You aren't doing a good job!". Some personality, I'm sure...I have a strategic "figure out the problems" mind that's constantly calculating solutions with particular focus on how I could improve, and I don't need more voices in my head than necessary. Some pride guaranteed...I too quickly bring things closer than they need to be.

Yep...I'm a walking quirk...well, more like a hobbling one. ;)

No comments: